Andrew C. Simpson, P.C. Attorneys at Law , located in Christiansted, St. Croix, in the U.S. Virgin Islands, focuses its practice in the areas of Civil Jury Trials and Appeals, Admiralty and Maritime Law, Insurance Defense and Coverage, Products Liability, “Daubert” issues, and Environmental Law.
Our legal practice is built on delivering partner-level attention and unfaltering dedication to client service. We provide representation at every level of the territorial and federal courts and we understand the practical realities inherent in litigating claims arising in the Virgin Islands.
Partner Andrew C. Simpson has fifteen years of litigation experience, including thirteen years in Virgin Islands-based litigation and appeals. An engineer by training, Mr. Simpson can take a complex matter and reduce it to its elements, so that a jury can more readily understand the issues. This background has proven to be particularly helpful in explaining why expert testimony fails to meet the Daubert standard. Mr. Simpson’s success in this area was most recently demonstrated when he exposed the infirmities in the opinions of a vocational rehabilitation expert who had been permitted to testify for over twenty years
Mr. Simpson’s background gives him unique experience for handling Admiralty and Maritime cases. He received his undergraduate training at the United States Merchant Marine Academy, where he took a dual major and graduated with United States Coast Guard licenses as a Third Mate and Third Assistant Engineer. After sailing in the U.S. Merchant Marine on both licenses for several years, he chose to attend Tulane Law School to take advantage of the school’s emphasis upon admiralty and maritime law. Mr. Simpson practiced exclusively in the admiralty and maritime law area for three years in New Orleans before broadening his practice areas when he moved to St. Croix.
The firm’s commitment to technology as a means to deliver the best possible legal services is reflected throughout the practice. Andrew C. Simpson, P.C. Attorneys at Law is the first firm in the Virgin Islands to offer its clients and co-counsel the opportunity to collaborate on-line using a secure, private extranet. Clients can review files on-line, and review and edit pleadings at the site – from any location in the world that has web access.
Every document in the firm is stored in digital paperless format. State-of-the-art technology is the norm throughout the office, from the server, to the work stations (all Dell®, no clones), to the network, to the wireless DSL internet connection (firewall protected), to high-speed optical scanners and the software that supports the practice.
Technology is an integral part of the service we provide and we employ our technological resources to ensure the security of both client confidences and files. We offer:
- A firm-wide intranet and document management system;
- Secure shredding and disposal of all client-sensitive papers;
- A firewall protected, wireless, digital subscriber Internet line;
- The technology to establish an extranet connection between our office and the offices of our clients to allow document exchange and rapid communication;
- Daily automatic back up of all client files with off-site storage of the most recent backup;
- Nightly updates of virus protection for all computers; and
- A back-up generator and battery-supported computers to deliver ongoing operational capacity in the event of hurricane or seismic activity. This state-of-the-art technology results in the most reliable, secure and cost-effective methods of communication and delivery of legal services.